A space divided by band furniture
This is an interior design of the main office of Globridge Inc., a company that manages and runs many eating restaurants. In a design competition with a theme of “Mesmerize Globridge!”, this was chosen out of 3 companies.
- Co-designed with Keisuke Mori [atelier DoN]
Desires from the client
- We want a space strongly conscious of recruiting candidates of joining the company and the retension of the employees. We hope to create a space that presents the charm of Globridge to the visitors and to our employees.
- Keywords given were, dreams, hopes, growth, active, abroad, sophisticate ...... etc.
- The space in the office is divided by [band furniture].
- [Band furniture] are as written, it is furniture in a band form. [Bands] were actually used much before being used as clothing. The origin of it is said to be a waist band wrapped around a naked body, and people placed tools used for hunting there. This [band furniture] is a partition of the office, with “tools” such as sofa, bench, bookshelf, white board, storage, passage, and table inserted. Tools = furniture that encourage communication and help make free ideas are sure to make a comfortable working environment. Of course, not only that, a design and space that have playful minds have a power to attract people. We are confident that the new peers and the peers working outside the company will love this place.
- Another big role of [band furniture] is zoning. By using 2 [band furniture], the office is divided into 3 parts: “working”, “lounge” and “conference”. Even though there is a slight view of the neighboring zone, there is an attempt to shut out noises and voices.
- Since the band furniture is furniture and not a wall, we succeed in controlling costs by cutting down greatly on the volume of the B construction (a construction done by the building) that places partition walls.
Globridge Inc. Akasaka Office
|Location||Minato Ward, Tokyo Prefecture|
|Structure||Wooden construction / 2 stories above ground|
|Total floor area||301.39 square meters|